Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's Cooking with Trice! Creole Tilapia and Steamed Veggies (7 Minute Meal): YUM-YUM!

SO if you're like me, you are always on the go! As much as I love to dine out, I enjoy cooking for myself as well. However, sometimes I'm too exhausted to bust out the pots and pans for an elaborate meal. This dish is super easy, super quick, and only requires 5 ingredients....AND  IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

YOU'LL NEED:
* Tilapia Fillets
* Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
* 2 garlic cloves
* Seasoning of Choice (I used Tony Chacheres Cajun Seasoning and Lemon Pepper)
* A Box of "Steam in a Bag" Veggies (I used Green Giant)




DIRECTIONS:
1.) Chop up you garlic cloves and saute them in a skillet with a the Olive Oil. ( make sure the garlic doesn't get too brown because it'll taste bitter.)
2.)  Season, then add your tilapia fillets to the skillet and cook on each side (about 2 mins. each)

IT's Smelling soooo GOOD!
3.) Steam your veggies, plate them along with your tilapia and WHA-LAH dinner is served!!!  I put the other fillet in a plastic storage container for lunch at work tomorrow.

 This meal is soooo good and it only takes about 7 minutes to cook.  Quick-Easy-Tasty!!!  Perfect dinner for the beginning of the week.

~Trice

No comments:

Post a Comment