Monday, May 9, 2011

Today's Hair: Twisted Out


(image found via google)

I finally decided to wash this hair over the weekend, it was dirty, frizzy and dry. I dread washing my hair but it's a must as we all know. I washed with Shea Moisture's shampoo and de-tangled with the matching conditioner. All in all it took me about 30 minutes to wash/rinse/detangle--which isn't too bad. Once I was finished that ordeal, I sectioned my hair is 4 parts and applied Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion from root to tip.This stuff is amazing, I plan to review it soon. I used my denman to brush through and remove any tangles that I missed while de-tangling in the shower, it also really helped smooth the hair in preparation for my twists. To get some hold and good definition, I twisted  my hair in about 12 large twists with Miss. Jessie's Baby Buttercreme (I will forever love this stuff, even though the ingredients are less than perfect).


This morning when I took down the twists, I was very pleased with my results! My hair was soft, bouncy and defined. Of course I snapped pictures for you to see. Click the jump to see.




(shrinkage can't be avoided, even with a weave... LOL)

**Earrings are courtesy of "Piece by Karmin" follow her on Twitter to inquire about them, @KarminKass**

No comments:

Post a Comment