Friday, May 20, 2011

Wash Day: Thursday

After much "I need to wash my hair" procrastination I finally decided to give my hair the works. I pre-poo'd with My Honey Child's "Olive You" DC and I must say that product is a winner! It's packed with ingredients like Olive butter, Soya milk and Honey, yum! "Olive You" is also water based so it gave my hair MAJOR slip while detangling with the Tangle Teezer.

 I left the product in for about 10 minutes before jumping in the shower and rinsing. My hair was super soft even the hair I have left out of the install felt incredible! I ended up washing with Original Moxie's "Get Clean" no foam shampoo and that definitely got the job done, my hair was filthy. I smoothed the shampoo from root to tip and detangled with a wide tooth shower comb. I also made sure to pay special attention to my very dirty scalp. I find that detangling with shampoo in my hair, when using a no foam shampoo, helps distribute the product a little better. Once I was done shampoo'ing I DC'd with Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment. OMG, this stuff made my hair so easy to comb through and soft! Not to mention it smells great and the pleasant scent has seemed to lingered in my hair. I really like this stuff, a great CVS find. 

Freshly washed hair no product.

**Click jump for styling info and pics**


Once my hair was all clean, detangled and ready to be styled I decided to go with the infamous twist out! Can never go wrong with that. I also didn't feel like doing anything else with my hair so throwing 8 twists in it was easy! I used Original Moxie's Everyday Leave-In Detanling conditioner, CD's Black Vanilla spray and Salerm 21 to twist. 

I started by sectioning off my hair in 4 parts and putting 2 big twists in each section; then I spritzed each section with the Black Vanilla Spray (I need a new bottle, love this stuff) and brushed with the Denman to smooth the hair strands. I then applied the 2 cream based products and twisted. It took about 15 minutes to do my whole head.


Unfortunately when I woke up this morning my hair was still wet. So my T.O. was not a defined as I wanted it to be and it was also KINDA frizzy. I will probably have to retwist with a heavy cream tonight (on dry hair) to achieve the definition that I want.










No comments:

Post a Comment