Monday, May 9, 2011

DMV Sunfest 2011 (June 19th, 2011)

I was contacted by the lovely Amber to be apart of this years natural hair SunFest extravaganza. I will apart of the blog panel and Safi will have a booth at the festival this year, I am very excited that I was given this opportunity! Anywho Amber is looking for a few more bloggers, vendors ect to come out to the event, I asked if she could type up a description of the event and what she is looking for so I could post and spread the word. If you are interested in being involved with SunFest this year please see the letter below and contact Amber to sign up! 

Hello All-


I go by CurryCurls in the natural hair world and I am producing SunFest 2011 in Downtown Silver Spring. I am hoping to have a Natural Hair Community booth with local bloggers from the DMV area there to meet and greet, answer questions, and provide resources for those who want to know more about natural hair care.  This would be a free shared booth.

SunFest is a summer solstice celebration of world cultures hosted by Washington Revels. Designed to give both professional and non-professional performers and groups an opportunity to shine and share their cultures, the festival features traditional performing arts -music, dance, drama, and storytelling - from around the world, creating connections among diverse communities. 

In connection to our performances we want our vendors to represent a world cultures with a diversity of crafts, foods, community services and more. If you hand make your own hair care line, or make natural hair jewelry, ornaments, headbands, t-shirts etc. Please contact me about being a vendor as well. 

The natural hair world is growing by leaps and bounds but there are still pockets of folk who perhaps don't have internet access or the resources needed to be a part of the vast online community. In the age of technology we shouldn't forget the importance of our physical presence in our communities as a show of support. SunFest 2011 provides the perfect opportunity to take all of the information we have learned and share it face to face. There are many that might say this natural hair thing is a trend but we all know that it is a true movement. This is my way to not only give back but to also make sure the knowledge I hold doesn't stop with just me. I look forward to hearing from those who may be interested. 

A Big Thank you to Alex for posting this on her blog, you all be sure to keep showing her love! 

Peace & Love 
Amber 

Please send initial contact to: 
CurryCurls@Gmail.Com 
Subject: SunFest 2011 Natural Hair Community Booth, or Natural Hair Vendor 
Tweet Me @CurryCurls 

No comments:

Post a Comment