Thursday, May 5, 2011

Captured Curls: Cimone (A UK Curly)


Today's Captured Curls is Cimone! Her hair is beautiful and I think that you all will enjoy her natural hair story!
See below...


Tell me about YOU
My name is Cimone. I am a Natural Hair Enthusiast and UK Natural Hair blogger. I am also a Primary School Teacher in London, UK.
Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)
I very rarely use heat. I only blow-dry my hair before putting in extensions or weave as protective styles-so far this year only once. I haven’t used hair straighteners in about 20 months.
 I use a hair bonnet which attaches to my hair dryer, once a week when I deep condition. My ‘Staple Products’ at the moment:
·         Aubrey Organics GPB Glyclogen Protein Shampoo-Rosemary & Peppermint
·         Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
·         Eco-Styler Gel (although our love affair is on the rocks at the moment-we are on a ‘break’!)
·         Coconut Oil, Rosemary Oil, Amla Oil, Jojoba Oil and Glycerine

In regards to my regime, It’s quite simple at the moment:-
I detangle with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturising Conditioner and put my hair in large twists. I then co-wash or wash with either of the Aubrey products. I haven’t yet found a staple leave-in, but I seem to always revert back to Organics Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner. Although I would like to find a more ‘natural’ deep conditioner-so any suggestions of products available in the UK would be greatly received! I twist again slightly smaller and let hair-dry in preparation for a puff or protective style.

I have also recently tried the TRESemme Naturals range-my hair seems to love it, but will have to use it a few more time before it becomes a ‘staple’.

Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type
Hmm I’m not 100% sure! What I do know is that my hair is not the same all over. For example the back of my head is very soft and needs practically no product but it still ‘behaves’. My sides are very coily and need a lot of manipulation to do what I want. I have some real straight sections, and then the front is very wavy, but needs a soft touch as it easily breaks. A real combination!

Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural
Well I’m a lifelong natural! Although I must admit not a life-long lover of my hair.
I have put it through real hell over the years-with over use of the pressing comb and just real lack of understanding of my hairs needs. When I stopped wearing weaves majority of people were like ‘why did you wear weaves in the 1st place?’ which was encouraging! Some guys did comment that I should relax it-but I had already met my fiancée who loved it so their opinions were null and void!
Through research and trial and error I have began to understand and love my curls!

What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
That my hair is SO versatile! I don’t stress about the rain at all (which in the UK is a regular occurrence!). That my hair seems to intrigue people-despite it being natural it is still deemed as an ‘unnatural’ and ‘unusual’ sight. My hair has inspired friends to become natural-which is fantastic. Above all though, that I am a role model for the little girls I teach-They see someone who doesn’t have relaxed hair, and understand that just because I can’t ‘flick’ it-doesn’t mean I can’t ‘rock it’ J.

 Where can we find you on the web?
You can find me at my all new blog http://SpeltWithaC.blogspot.com --- UK blog for UK Naturals.... 'SpeltWithaC-Flying the flag for the UK Natural Scene'  :-)

Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
That to fully understanding your natural hair takes time and patience-it definitely isn’t one size fits all, but that’s the fun and great thing about natural hair it’s unique!



No comments:

Post a Comment