Thursday, September 9, 2010

Captured Curls: Shari

Everyone, meet Shari!
A beautiful young lady who JUST did her BIG CHOP!
Read her story below:




1.Tell me about YOU 

I am Shari. Most people never believe that I am 22 or that I am Dominican. My spanish is funny & my knowledge is true. I enjoy freelance writing and dissecting life. I am a movie buff and long time retail & hard working single woman. :)


2. Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)

I loove Aussie products. I use Aussie Moist shampoo to wash and condition with Dove Damage Therapy; Intensive repair. My hair WAS SO DAMAGED. Once a week I used to deep condition with 3 minute Aussie deep conditioner. I towel dry and use zero frizz corrective hair serum. My hair curls very easily so that serum keep everything under major control. I no longer use blow drier or flat iron because I recently cut my hair.

3.  Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type

I am apparently 4B I believe. Give me another 9 months to decide the rest (LOL)

4. Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural

Everyone is still in shock and I love their reactions. It was a break through for me because I HATED my hair. It just wasn't me anymore. I say women are more receptive to the cut and men are still wondering where my hair is. I've heard some bad and good comments but it definitely hasnt bothered me in anyway.

5. Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?

I did the BIG CHOP 4 days ago and I am in love. I feel even more beautiful and my face stands out. 

6. What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?

I am currently enjoying my baby curls. I put my fingers through my hair everydayyy! :)

9. Where can we find you on the web?




I am so happy that Shari is a new natural sista'!
Anyone have any helpful tips, tricks and/or advice to give Shari as she embarks on this
new journey?
If so, leave comments below.
Im sure she would LOVE to see the what you have to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment