Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Captured Curls: Londyn of Londyn Kouture Jewelry

I am always on the look out for fellow naturals to feature on my blog.
I also LOVE to feature naturals who are entrepreneurs like myself.
I invited one of my "Twitter Friends" to share her story with you all.
Everyone, meet Londyn, a beautiful natural who makes beautiful jewelery!


Read her story below:

1. Tell me about YOU and your jewelry line, how did you get started?
 
My name is Londyn, I'm 23 years old, I'm addicted to music, hello kitty, fashion, and Success. My jewelry line is Londyn Kouture Jewelry "Unconventional beauty last forever" I take unconventional items such as newspapers, magazines, any random items around my house lol and transform them into funky unique jewelry. I started designing jewelry in high school, I went to a private high school where students wore uniforms. To stand out from the crowd I created and wore my own jewelry. I started selling my jewelry at school, markets, and to friends and family.



 2.  I see you have natural hair! How do you take care of your hair and how long have you been natural?
 (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)
 
Yes I do, My hair process is pretty simple I'm a wash and go type of girl! I use Herbal Essences - Totally Twisted Curls and Waves Shampoo , I also use the conditioner as a leave in conditioner, I comb it into my hair and then let it air dry. This conditioner does wonders on my hair it's a fusion of french lavender twist and jade extracts (smells so good!). I have been a natural curly Suzie since i was born, when I was in middle school i disliked my curly hair, this was around the time everyone wore straight hair. I begged my mother to give me a perm, she gave me a kid perm (which did nothing for my hair) my mom told me to appreciate my hair and learn to love it! I now love my hair,  and I think natural hair is so beautiful!
 
I only use heat on my hair once a month in the winter, when i straighten my hair other than that i rock the natural look, so much easier to maintain! 


 

3. What prompted you to create your jewelry line? Has making jewelry always been a passion of yours?
 
I started making jewelry for myself, when people started asking me where they can purchase the items from I decided to create an entire line. Making jewelry has always been a passion for me, i love being able to put my creativeness onto people necks, arms and ears :)



4. How do you think your attitude and hair matches the type of jewelry you create for your customers? 
 
My attitude and Hair is Funky, unique, bold, and creative and that's just the type of jewelry I create. My customers are buying a conversation piece, a piece that when you wear it sparks up a conversation and makes a statement!

5. Where can we find you on the web?
 
you can find me at www.londynkouture.blogspot.com
 



6. Where can we purchase your pieces from your jewelry collection?

I will be a vendor at Fashion Exposition and Shopping Event on Saturday, September 18, 2010 from 1:00pm - 5:00pm at the Washington Post! You can find all my new hot pieces, meet me, and come enjoy Live Fashion Show! Music! Free Giveaways! Raffles! Tickets are $5.00 in advance, $8 at the door! you can purchase at -http://jaiceeevents.com/
 
can't make it to the event follow my twitter/blog or email Londynkouture@gmail.com for purchasing items and all updates

6. Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
 
Never think its too late to chase your dreams! You have two choices in life: Follow your dreams or work for someone else who did! Go out and pursue your dreams NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment