Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Captured Curls: Jocelyn of CurlyNuGrowth

Hi Beauties!
I am excited to feature this next Capture Curls natural.
When I first started transitioning I watched her videos
and
admired her journey via YouTube!
Her blog was one of the first natural hair blogs I EVER VISITED.
Going to her blog a year ago made me want to start my own; so this next
natural hair sista' has been a huge natural hair influence to me since day one!
Please meet Jocelyn creator of the CurlyNuGrowth Blog.





 (4 months natural)


GHB- Tell us about you: 
CNG: I am a College graduate working in Corporate America in Information Technology.  In the Spring of 2011, I will be pursing my Masters of Science because I believe higher education is very important , especially for African Americans. Outside of school and work, I enjoy doing hair (of course), which is why I worked in a hair salon for about 8 years, and I love cooking! I also strive to stay active in the community and I volunteer with several organizations in my area. Aside from volunteering, I play Kickball and Flag Football and I watch movies  in my downtime. 



GHB- What do you use on your hair? Do you have a regimen?:
CNG: I use all natural products in my hair. As of lately, I use OyinHandmade Honey Wash Shampoo or the Grand Poo Bar, Oyinhandmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, and Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk (Leave In Conditioner). I also spray my hair with OyinHandmade Frank Juice throughout the week. 


(19 months natural)


GHB- What is your hair type?:
CNG: I have 4A edges, so they are tightly coiled and get dry easily. I have a patch of 3B in my crown of my head which is very loosely curled and almost straight at all times.  The rest of my hair is a 3C hair type and is very manageable both wet and dry. 

GHB- Wha twas the reaction you received when first going natural?: 
CNG: When I first went natural most people thought it looked great on me, but of course I had many people constantly tell me to relax my hair and that I would never stay natural. Yet, here I am 20 months and counting later….still natural & loving it!! 



 (20  months)

GHB- Did you transition or immediately BC?:
CNG: I transitioned and then then BC'd on my own, but I cut a bunch of patches in hair, so I had to get it evened out and I lost a lot of growth, which ultimately started my nature journey off with about 1 inch of hair.

GHB- What do you LOVE about your Natural Hair?:
CNG: I love the versatility and uniqueness of my natural hair! I also love how healthy and rich my hair is in its natural state!


No comments:

Post a Comment