Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Captured Curls: Dana J.

Everyone, meet the beautiful Dana!
She has been natural all of her life BUT she still has a great journey to share with us.
I know Dana personally and she is a awesome person, not to mention 
that she has awesome curlies to match.

Read her story below:



Tell me about YOU:
I am 24 years old and what you call obsessed with anything related to fashion. I started a blog which can be considered my quote on quote diary. I started a website which is for the average jane which is one who is far from average. I also write for a website called Glamourina. I am always getting involved in randomness, be it a cupcakery opening, styling for a fashion show, or just hanging out with friends and having random fun. I am a pretty open minded person and pretty much open to trying anything interesting and new. 

Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...):
My hair regimen is to get my hair cut/trimmed every 5 to 6 months. I wash my hair just about every 3 days and I cowash maybe once between those washes depending on how dirty I feel my hair is. I have used so many products from Aveeno leave-in-treatment to Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and curl and style milk which I am currently not that big of a fan. I have used other products and I am still in the testing to find my favorite product phase even though I have had my curly hair for over a year and half now. I took the loc adventure for 2 1/2 years and boy was that an adventure. 

Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type:
My texture is soft and coarse and the product that works best for my hair would have to be the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie. 

Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural:
I have been natural my whole life but once I cut my locs off people were like how did your hair loc. I would tell them that my hair is not as soft as you think it is, it's pretty coarse.

Did you BC or transition?
I BC'd after having my hair loc'd.

What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?:
The thing that makes me love kinks, curls, and coils is that it is embracing your hair in it's natural state which a lot of people can not accept.

 Where can we find you on the web?
I can be found many places and here are some of them http://thediaryoffrankyj.blogspot.comwww.fortheaveragegirl.com, andwww.glamourina.com
You can follow my website twitter page at @4theaveragegirl

Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
I am all for natural kinks be it big curls, small curls, or close to no curls. EMBRACE YOUR HAIR! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment