Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Updo Inspiration ;)

Hey guys!!! So I am going to an 8th grade formal this evening (I know, awwww so cute) and I want to put my hair up somehow. But with this busted (well not so bad but on its last leg) twist-out, I needed some "hair-spiration". I always go to You Tube and look what I found! There are so many fly natural ladies out there who are nice enough to video-chronicle their styles for the rest of us. Thanks Misskrisnew!

So here's what I'm gonna do....
1. Retwist the majority of my hair with my Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In lotion
2. Let these twists set until this evening
3. Take them down and ATTEMPT to re-create this chic updo...maybe add a flower or a cute clip

I am excited for two reasons.
~ One, I get to see all my 8th graders dressed up and enjoying themselves as they approach the end of their middle school careers :)
~ Two, yet another opportunity to show the young ladies (and the fellas) that you can be dressed up AND natural and still look great. I think if I had seen more natual hair as a kid, for casual, professional and formal events, I may have considered going natural a little sooner. Just trying to plant seeds people...



So anyways.... I hope you all have a great weekend and check out the vid if you need some inspiration of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment