Friday, May 22, 2009

Reader Question!!!

Tamandra asked "can you tell us the steps you took to straighten your hair? what products did you use?" Sure Tamandra!




So here is what I did:
1. Washed with Taliah Waajid Total Body Black Earth Shampoo

2. Conditioned with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Mask


3. Sprayed slightly diluted Infusium 23 Leave In Treatment to my whole head


4. Applied Taliah Waajid Black Earth African Healing Oyl to my whole head (I got a sampe of this stuff from the hair show and LOVED it!)

5. Pulled my hair back into a low bun (like I had it for graduation) and applied a scarf - I do this to minimize the blow drying time and it straightens some of the roots in the front.

After these steps I let it dry a little so that the front would be pretty much be flat.
Then, I blew out my hair (on medium) in sections, detangling as much as I could beforehand. After that, I flat ironed in sections with a Revlon Ceramic flat iron . I could see where many of my ends had those annoying little knots so I took that as an opportunity to trim. I ended up taking off up to an inch in some places but at least a fourth of an inch in others. I then curled my hair with Revlon 3/4 inch curling irons.

At night I have been adding a little coconut oil to the ends, putting my hair in a satin bonnet and that's it!

What I would do differently next time:

1. Prep freshly washed hair with some kind of heat protectant before or after the leave-in.

2. Instead of pulling hair into bun ( I used to do this a long time ago when I straightened but since my hair is so much longer it does not work as well), I would make four braided sections to let my hair dry.

3. Not do it during summer since, duh, it's so freakin humid.


So that's it! Any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment