Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I caved...

Ok...I said I wasn't gonna do it. But, I straightened my mother's hair last Saturday for an event she went to. She wanted to try something new and got the idea to flat iron it. Cool. I looked at those irons not thinking I would even dare bring them close to my tresses. As you may recall, I suffered so pretty bad heat damage in the front of my hair so I have not used heat since...that was 2 years ago. Well....I guess curiosity got the best of me and...um... this is what happened next
...

And this was the final result...not too bad. Clearly this is not the time of year to try to wear a straight style considering the always looming threat of NC humidity. But it has been ok the past few days. By the time I took these two shots a few hours later, though, I could already see some moisture creeping in.


I think I was pretty careful as I did it so hopefully everything returns to normal when I wash it later. I also trimmed about an inch from my ends, eliminating some of those nasty little single-strand knots. I realized in the process that I had not removed all the tangles at my roots where the twist extensions had been. I think if it had its way, my hair would really like to lock since it takes any chance it gets to begin the process. I also got a got a good look at my length which I have not done in the two years since I cut it. So in a way, getting my hair completely straight had its advantages.

So.. although I won't be straightening again any time soon, and by soon I mean within a year's time at least, I did gain something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment