Friday, January 2, 2009

Obama '09

This election season was no doubt amazing, historical, emotional. I was so lucky to be alive now, in this generation, to witness and participate in electing the nation's first Black president. I am so proud and excited to know that not only did I get to vote, I got to shake the man's hand the night he won North Carolina in the primaries. I went with my mom and a couple of her friends. We were the 3rd people in line a good 4 hours before the doors opened to let people in on NC State's campus. It was such a long wait but so worth it. To be up against that barricade looking up at the podium hearing our future president speak was surreal to say the least. After he finished and came around to shake hands, I was literally trembling with excitement. First Lady Michelle Obama even gave me a hug. Yes, I'm totally bragging!!!! I just feel blessed to have been there, to see that night in history with my own two eyes. What are some feelings you all had during this campaign? Did you have any such close encounters with our new president? What will you remember most about this historic event?

No comments:

Post a Comment