Monday, January 5, 2009

For afro twist addict...

For new Naturals, styling can pose quite a challenge. I remember the first time I chopped I KNOW I looked a hot mess simply because I had no clue what I was doing. Slowly but surely I stumbled onto different hairstyles. First was a wash and go, then came two-strand twists and then as my hair grew I started wearing twist-outs with headbands and loose. I love Bantu knots and I wore those a lot. This time around I have done lots of coils, 2STs, twist-outs, and buns. I learned how to cornrow by practicing on my brother but unfortunately I never was able to cornrow my own hair. There was a girl on campus when I was in undergrad who used to do all the football player's hair and she was AWESOME, I wish I could find that girl now!!! I loved the squiggly designs she did for me (for only 5 bucks no less) but it really hurt! Anyway... You Tube is a great place to get ideas for natural hair styles. I am always on the look-out for something I haven't tried yet. I hope to get around to posting some tutorials of how I style my own hair as well as a list of products I use. In the meantime, check out this video from jstewart713.


No comments:

Post a Comment