Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brandy is Beautifully Human

I am so glad that Brandy has a new cd this year. I have been a Brandy fan since she came out in '94 with her first album, Brandy. I remember watching her in Moesha and I always wondered what her real hair looked like under all those braids. Well, it's been a few years and a few albums later and I still don't really know. But anyways....
I like Brandy because, no matter what has happened in her life, good and bad, she seems to have come out on top. I don't care that she told the world she was married when legally she wasn't. I can only imagine what she must have been feeling to think that her fans would judge her for having a baby out of wedlock or that she would be criticized for not being a good role model. And it must have been heartbreaking to be involved in a fatal car accident. I just admire her for admitting to what she feels are her mistakes and I am so glad to hear her back on the music scene.

I got Human for Christmas from my brother and I have to say I really really like it. It is very melodic and she really bares her heart and soul lyrically. To me it's more a mix of pop and r & b with some dance numbers mixed in. Her voice is smoky and deep, which I love, and at times it sounds breathy and ethereal. It's just refreshing to listen to and it has pretty much taken up permanent residence in my CD player in my car. Check out her latest video for the bittersweet ballad Long Distance:

No comments:

Post a Comment