Sunday, January 4, 2009

FOTD: Eyeko Products!

So I finally got around to playing with the Eyeko shadows I got and I decided to use mostly Eyeko products for this FOTD. Before I get into the FOTD, I wanted to talk about the eyeshadows. I'm going to be honest, these are not the best pigmented eyeshadows. They're actually kind of sheer. BUT! I think the lighter colors make AWESOME highlighters. So there's good and there's bad. The eyeshadow cake reminds me of Pop Beauty Eye Cake eyeshadows if you've ever seen them at Ulta [I think at Sephora too?] They're in a circular tin can and it looks like this:



I looked at the one in Ulta and it's actually REALLY similar to the Eyeko ones - esp the weight and the pigmentation. SO if you were thinking about getting these at all I would definitely recommend buying Eyeko! The Pop shadows are $19, but the Eyeko ones are only 5 British pounds which equals roughly $7 - 8. Here are swatches


no base


UDPP as base

As you can see, the base just makes it slightly more pigmented. I think these colors are great for beginners who aren't used to super pigmented shadows or if you like to do really soft daytime looks. On to the FOTD! Here's what I used


CLOSED


OPEN - sorry forgot to open the quad lol




*MAC unless otherwise stated

FACE
+ Studio Finish Concealer in NC42
+ Studio Fix Powder in NC42
+ Eyeko Fat Balm in STRAWBERRY [for cheek color]
+ Eyeko 3-in-1 Highlighter [highlight cheekbones]

EYES
+ UDPP [base]
+ FRESCO ROSE P/P [on lid]
+ Eyeko Eyeshadow Cake
- pink [all over lid]
- purple [on crease & outer v]
- peach & white color mixed [highlight]
+ CARBON E/S [from MAC palette over purple]
+ Stila Smudge Pots in BLACK
+ Eyeshadow Mascara in BLACK

LIPS
+ Eyeko STRAWBERRY Fat Balm
+ CLEAR Lipglass

The Strawberry Fat Balm is my faaaave out of all three balms its the PREEEETIEST cheek color and it doesn't look that bad on the lips. PLUS it smells like heaven. I'll do a separate post on it and the mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment