Friday, January 2, 2009

***My Hair Routine***

My hair routine is pretty simple. Let me start by saying I do not know what my hair "type" is. Personally, I do not like to get into texture-typing simply because it seems limiting to me. That's not a judgment for those who do, it's just not my thing. I will say that I have at least three different textures going on with the front "bang" area being the loosest. Remember this is the part I killed with the flat iron the first time around. The crown is the tightest and tangles very easily. The back and sides are not as loosely curly as the front. When wet, my curls generally are the size of a pen but when dry they almost look like small springs. It is not silky but very soft and of course needs constant moisture.

Weekly: I wash with Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint shampoo only once. I massage my scalp with the pads of my fingers then rinse well. I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner while I shower and then detangle with my Denman brush. While detangling I section my hair into 6 setions and two-strand twist each one once all the tangles are out. When this is all done, I rinse all of the conditioner out, leaving the twists in.


Bi-Weekly: I deep condition under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes to 1 hour using the Herbal Essences conditioner. I sometimes add some extra virgin olive oil to my scalp where I have dryness issues. I put my hair in a plastic cap and let the dryer do its magic! Then I will rinse and style. (Don't do this enough but it is a goal for 2009!)

So....that's really it. I use raw Shea butter to moisturize and I sometimes twist using IC Fantasia Styling gel for two strand twists, coils and braids.

Later I will do a post specifically discussing which products I use and why I like them. I also want to try some new products I have seen on other natural hair blogs so I will keep you posted on those as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment