Saturday, January 31, 2009

Keep Your Hands Out Of My Fro!

There seems to be a lot of people out there who feel like their natural hair creates quite a stir in public. For some reason, probably because of its sheer awesomeness, people feel the need to just come up and touch it! I have experienced this myself where people will walk up to me, compliment my hair, and proceed to put their hands in it! I know, craziness. Like total strangers, not even people I know. It's must have the same strong appeal that a bulging pregnant belly has that makes you wanna just reach out and get your hands on it. But that, just like touching my hair, is a total invasion of personal space. I try not to freak out on people but geez! So what do you do when people come up to you and ask to touch your hair? How does it make you feel? Complimented or like an animal at the zoo? Do they even ask?
Here is what some other people out on the web have to say about their close encounters with random hands:

Can I Touch Your Hair? Black Women and The Petting Zoo

Don't touch my hair!

My Black Ladies: How do you handle people touching your natural hair?

Hand-in-Fro Disease

No comments:

Post a Comment