Sunday, April 17, 2011

Today's Hair: Styled Braids

Happy Sunday folks! As you all know I am on a PS challenge until I reach my 2 year mark in September. I am on month 2 of having my hair and ends protected, retaining length has become EXTREMELY important to me. Since I now know what my hair likes and dislikes it's easy to maintain my styles and product choices now. Last week I got my hair braided in extensions, the reason being because I want the style to at least last 5 weeks versus the 2 weeks when I have my own hair braided. To be completely honest with you all I am really trying to nurse my hair back to health, I am sure many of you remember when I got that color in my hair... YEA WELL, that was a bad idea on my part. Color is not my friend and I came to that reality this time around. My hair needs extra TLC and conditioning daily, I am trying my best to keep my styles low maintenance so it can flourish and be around APL this time next year. That color was no good for my hair and I highly recommend that new naturals stay away from color until you think your hair can really handle it.

The braided style I have in now was done by the same lady who braids my hair regularly, she did a great job as always. For the past week I have been wearing my the braids up in a bun but today I decided to try something different. I made one big French braid going back and I spruced it up with a flower, I liked the outcome. I definitely plan on making a YT tutorial on how to achieve the look sometime this week. Click the jump for a picture. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment