Friday, April 15, 2011

Loc'd Man: Alex

Ok, so a day or two ago I came across a twitter page of a man with GORGEOUS HAIR, of course I had to follow him. Not only did I notice his great hair BUT he has the same name as me, Alex Smith. I thought that was awesome and I had to have him featured as the loc'd man of the week. Click the jump to read his story...





  1. Tell us a little about yourself?  My name is Alex Smith. I’m 25 years old. I live in Temple Hills, Maryland. I never went to a university, I currently work for Metro
  2. How long have you been growing your locs?  I’ve been growing my locs for a lil over 3 years.
  3. What do you use on your hair, product wise, to maintain it? When I get my hair done I use head and shoulders because I have a dry scalp. When retwisting it I use Mango and Lime locking gel.
  4. How often do you have to wash and re-twist your loc’s and who styles them?  It used to depend on what I did at my job because I used to sweat a lot due to the type of work I did and my hair would get curly at the end. But now on average I get it retwisted about every 3 weeks.
  5. What do you think about women with natural hair? Do you care if your woman is relaxed, natural or loc’d?  I love a woman who keeps her hair looking nice regardless. Whether its natural, relaxed, or locd. Ill even take a weave but it has to at least LOOK real. None of them bright ass colors and shit lol. A girl that keeps her hair looking nice is a big turn on for me.
  6. Do you think women who choose to loc their hair are sexy?  Yes I do think its sexy. But it doesn’t apply to everyone’s locs because I’ve seen some ugly dreads on some heads. If they are kept up, than yes, it’s sexy to me.
  7. What are the pros and cons about having your hair loc’d? A pro for having my hair locd is that I can basically change how I want to look depending on different occasions. I’m not limited to just one look. Cons I would have to say is that the longer it gets, the more it gets in the way sometimes and maintaining it takes a lot longer.
  8. What made you decide to loc your hair? Have you always had hair or did you start your loc’s from “scratch.” I’ve been growing my hair since July 2000. I started off with cornrows. Then I started getting individuals. After that I started getting twists all the time. After a while I got tired of getting my hair taken out, washed, and retwisted. I figured if I’m going to get twists all the time I might as well lock them. So I got my locs started off as twists in summer of 08 and I’ve been going from there ever since.
  9. What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to you? What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to me is when it smells good. I can’t stand that nasty plastic hair spray smell. As long as it looks good and smells good/great, I think it’s beautiful
  10. Do you have any advice for my readers who are considering loc’ing their hair?  If you’re going to lock your hair, just make sure u give it regular maintenance when it’s needed. I HATE seeing dreads that look all messed up for no reason.
  11. Where can we find you on the web? Im probably the only dude in the DMV that never had a FB lol. But u can find me on Twitter @AlexYouOC


No comments:

Post a Comment