Monday, April 4, 2011

Loc'd Man: Derrick


  1. Tell us a little about yourself? (ex. name, age, state, school)
Hello everyone. My name is Derrick “Napz” Mosley. I’m 25 and from Philadelphia. I attend Delaware County College studying Photography and Graphic Design.
  1. How long have you been growing your locs?
It will be 4 long yrs this May 2011.
  1. What do you use on your hair, product wise, to maintain it?
I normally leave that responsibility to my stylist. But lately she’s been telling me to use Lime Juice when I wash it. It softens my hair; plus gets that stench out that water can leave if it stays in awhile.
  1. How often do you have to wash and re-twist your loc’s and who styles them?
Mmmm! I can be impatient. So I get my hair done once every 2 months and wash it once a month.  I just like to see my new growth.
  1. What do you think about women with natural hair? Do you care if your woman is relaxed, natural or loc’d?
Not to sound deep or anything lol; but I believe it shows another level of confidence. Ladies you don’t need anything else to enhance yourself. Plus natural hair can express more of your identity and I like that.


  1. Do you think women who choose to loc their hair are sexy?
Hell yes! Nothing against any other style but women that have locs standout. They walk in with their heels and dress on; and I just say, “Damn”
  1. What are the pros and cons about having your hair loc’d?
I hate getting my hair done. And I have no use for an umbrella anymore lol.
  1. What made you decide to loc your hair? Have you always had hair or did you start your loc’s from “scratch.”
I didn’t start from scratch. I had a little fro when I started. My reasoning was a little more spiritual also. It represented me locking my flesh.


  1. What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to you?
When she captures ‘Herself.” It’s so easy to become common. Especially with me hearing women say they wear weaves because taking care of their own hair is work. I believe you’re worth the time. Plus it’s sexy because its your style. I wont see 10 other women with it.
  1. Do you have any advice for my readers who are considering loc’ing their hair?
At least try the process. It takes a little time for your hair to actually loc. So, if you change your mind; you can still stop the process in the early stage. It’s a Win, Win situation.
  1. Where can we find you on the web?
Facebook.com/napz.photography
Twitter.com/napzQuest

No comments:

Post a Comment