Sunday, February 13, 2011

Playing Room Mother

Today is Valentine's Day. I worked half a day today and spent my afternoon in my son's first grade class to have a Valentine's Day party. So what did we do?
Well, I brought store bought sugar cookies, and about 10 different things to decorate the cookies with. Each kid in his class got two cookies to decorate.

They also got cut outs in the shape of hearts to decorate. I brought several packets of glitter and confetti, glue sticks (they have markers) and other things to decorate the hearts. This glitter and confetti is different from the ones that will go on the tables as decoration in celebration of the day.

My partner in this feat, a father of four, designed a bingo game for the kids to play at the end of all the decorating.

This is mundane, I know. But these are the mundane things in life, i.e. hosting a bunch of first graders as they celebrate love on Valentine's Day that makes life fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment