Sunday, February 6, 2011

Loc'd Man: AkinRemi



I was directed to the Remi via Twitter from one of my followers. When I saw his loc's I just had to have him on my blog. When I reached out to him he was open to the idea of being this months loc'd man and I was very excited that he agreed to the interview. His loc's are gorgeous; read his story below.
Enjoy!

  1. Tell us a little about yourself: Hello World, the name is AkinRemi Sawyerr, I’m a 29 year old Nigerian currently living in Atlanta, Ga pursuing my MBA
  1. How long have you been growing your locs? It’s been about 8 years
  1. What do you use on your hair, product wise, to maintain it? The only thing I do outside of what my locktician does is use either Mango & Lime product or Africas Best Herbal Oil to keep it moisturized
  2. How often do you have to wash and re-twist your loc’s and who styles them? My Locs don’t require that much maintenance so I get them re-twisted about every 3 months and wash it at least once a month.
  3. What do you think about women with natural hair? I think it’s a beautiful thing to see a woman with natural hair, I mean what could be better than what’s natural right?!
  4.  Do you care if your woman is relaxed, natural or loc’d? I won’t say I would care what my woman decides to do with her hair but my preference would be that she’s natural.
  5. Do you think women who choose to loc their hair are sexy? Very.
  6. What are the pros and cons about having your hair loc’d? The pros to me would be just the freedom of being yourself and not having to fit a certain conformity of society. The cons would be being mistaken to be from somewhere I’m not from, or for someone else just because I have locs.
  7. What made you decide to loc your hair? Have you always had hair or did you start your loc’s from “scratch?” Im not sure what made me decide to lock my hair I just remember I got tired of rocking the baby afro in high school so I twisted my whole head when I was bored. I happened to like the look so I ended up getting them locked professionally.
  8. What makes a woman’s hair beautiful to you? The way she takes care of it.. the full, rich texture of it.
  9. Do you have any advice for my readers who are considering loc’ing their hair? Just let it lock and grow, no need to worry about how long it will take to get long because it will never seem long enough to you Lol.
  10. Where can we find you on the web? Add me on FB.com/princeofzamundah, or @Remi_NoChaser or www.BlackOnBlackRhyme.com

No comments:

Post a Comment