Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Natural Recipe {Hair}: Shea Coco Mix


Naturally Leslie reader Trinette sent over this recipe that she loves for her natural hair and I wanted to share with you. Check it out!

Hi-
Here is a recipe that I use on my hair. I like to alternate styling creams and gel.
Sheacoco Mix

You will need:
Shea Butter
Aloe vera gel (liquid)
Coconut Oil
Take shea butter and place in a container (small one is good) heat for 30 seconds to melt the butter(this will make it more soft to stir, not a runny liquid)
Then pour in aloe vera gel (liquid only, I use the aloe vera gel from the website from nature with love), you may find yourself using more aloe than butter. Then pour in (be discreet) coconut oil until a creamy consistency. Then place top on container and let it cool and solidify (this will be very creamy) and apply to hair after shampooing. No need for a leave in condish! The aloe vera, shea butter, coconut oil, is all you need to condish, moisturize, and seal. This left my hair very soft!!! I do not measure I just use my best judgement. For example I may take a regular spoon (use to eat cereal) and scoop out butter, then pour a little of aloe to mix in(like I said you may find yourself using more, because this is your leave in condish!), then add coconut oil.

Mix all together and apply to hair after washing out conditioner. Do twist, braid out, etc.. your hair will be so soft and moisturized. Aloe is a moisturizer for hair. I don't like using this alone, my hair does not like it, but mixed with this recipe my hair loves it!!!
Thanks
Trinette Smith

Thank YOU Trinette!

If you have a homemade recipe for skin or hair that you would like to share with other Naturally Leslie readers, please email me at naturallyleslie@gmail.com and put Natural Recipe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment