Monday, February 7, 2011

MAC Nude Lipsticks for Women of Color WOC

Hey loves! There are SEVERAL lipsticks you can choose from to get the perfect nude lips. In the past, I've relied on sales reps to help lead me in the right direction, and I will mention this; more often than not, they are not familiar with what truly looks great on darker WOC complexions. I've been told by a MAC representative that they don't have nude to nude-ish colors for my complexion but holler she was wrong! Now, I think it's best to just go in there and try colors for yourself. Don't rule them out until you've seen what they look like on your lips!

Check out the four that I am currently in love with!
MACs Honeylove - Matte pink beige lipstick.
I used chestnut lip liner with Honeylove. 
 This color reminds me of NYXs "Rhea" lipstick in the sense that you'll need to be able to work with this to tone it down some. To bring out the pink in this color, you can partner it with pink blushes, pink clothing, or even a pinky lip liner...I recommend Burgundy.
I put just a teensy bit of Fashion Whim cremesheen over it to get a light shine
Here's what it looks like on my entire face...I'll admit not the best pic out there..but shoot.. I was happy!
This is a Satin Golden Beige Color
And what a lovely color Siss is!

(Above) Siss without Cremesheen (looks matte)

(Above) Siss with cremesheen
Viva Glam II
My favorite of the three is Viva Glam II. I can't pinpoint what it is about this I like the most, but I suppose it's the color. This is another pink/beige based shimmer (light) nude.
Lipstick with Chestnut lip liner 
Now with Fashion Whim Cremesheen applied to it. The milkyness is from the cremesheen and the fact that I have very "textured" lips
Here's a pic of a look I'm wearing with the Viva glam lip combo.
Touch - Lustre Peachy Cinnamon  
I lined my lips with Sephora's Chic Choco Lip Liner then filled my lips in with Touch
I did not add additional lip gloss to get a shine. This is solely Touch and my lip liner =D
The good thing about this lipstick is that you can wear this without a lip liner.
All in all, I love all four colors! I love love love them and I think you might too! Try not to be afraid of color! I'll be honest, they looked a little "loud" to me, but they really are not. It helps to be able to tone them down with lip liner! As always, I hope you find this useful and thanks for readin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment