Monday, February 21, 2011

Fresh-Squeezed Fotki Juice: DimpledCurlyGirlie

{Fotki Name: DimpledCurlyGirlie}

How long have you been natural?

I am currently a new natural and just recently bc'd on Feb 4, 2011, so that makes me natural for about two weeks (short time, I know lol but I'm soo happy). I transitioned for a year and 4 months so I'm 16 months post relaxer :).

What's your regimen for styling and maintenance?

Well as for now I need to update my regimen; since I've been natural I haven't decided what I should change from my first regimen (transitioning).During my transition I washed my hair weekly followed by deep conditioning, detangling, moisturizing,and sealing with oil. I mostly wore braidouts; I believe it helped keep my hair moisturized and in good shape; also twistouts but I tried lots of styles. I'm considering washing my hair twice a week with sulfate-free shampoo, and once a month with sulfate, followed by deep conditioning, etc. I've been wearing wash-n-go styles so far but plan to do a braidout pretty soon as well as a bantu knot out; I think those will be my staple styles. But so far I love my wash-n-gos.

What products do you use?

Shampoos: Renpure Organics I Love My Hair, Cantu-SheaButter cream shampoo(sulfate)
Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration(I actually like this as a leave-in/detangler) and VO5 for co-wash
Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today as well as HEHH
Deep Conditioner: 10 en 1, and Hair Mayo(protein)
Oil: Olive Oil
Stylers: Eco-styler gel, and KCCC

What are your favorite styles and how do you achieve them?

My favorite styles are the classic updo, braid/twist outs, and the signature wash-n-go. For the updo I start out with a braid out then section my hair off in three sections(one in the back,one towards middle/front, and one small section in the front).I then braid the back section going upwards into a french braid then brush up the middle section and connect it with the back section and put it into a bun or finish braid upwards, then lastly put the front section slanted to one side into a big curly poof and pin it (similar to J.Monae). For my braid/twist outs I simply moisturize and detangle my hair and put my hair into about six braids or twists and unravel the next day. I do my wash-n-gos by washing and conditioning then adding oil and eco stlyler and let it air dry. I plan on using my KCCC pretty soon!

Is there anything else you want Naturally Leslie readers to know about your natural hair journey?

I truly enjoyed transitioning and simply love my fully natural hair! I have so much I can do with it that I don't know where to begin. It has been so much fun experiencing with and since I cut my hair it seems like it already grew even more (crazy lol, of course in a good way)! If you really want to experience going natural just go for it; there's nothing to lose. I've received lots of compliments on my hair since my bc and even during my transition; some people even asked if I had any chemicals in my hair to make it the way it is. Sometimes my little sisters joke about my hair, calling it a chia-pet lol remember those (looney tunes were my fav). But I must say I wouldn't change a thing.
Thanks so much Leslie, as well as NaturallyLeslie readers. I love your blog!

Thanks for sharing! To see more of DimpledCurlyGirlie, click here.
If you have an awesome fotki you want to share, click here to read submission guidelines!

No comments:

Post a Comment