Monday, February 14, 2011

Esperanza Spalding, 2011 Best New Artist (and best hair)

Esperanza Spalding caught my eye when I saw her and beautiful massive hair in Essence magazine last week. As a side note, I am on a whole new kick to grow out my natural hair, and I've been looking at examples, but more on this journey later. She was in a hair issue where lots of black women with natural hair styles were profiled to give us some ideas of what to do as we transition.

Esperanza is a beautiful, young multi-instrumentalist but we see her playing the upright bass and singing mostly. Well, just as I made a mental note to check out her music, she won the Grammy last night for Best New Artist! I can't put that on the back burner anymore.

Here's an old clip of her playing on CBS Early Show. Congratulations girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment