Friday, February 18, 2011

MAC Mini Wonder Woman Haul

The MAC Wonder Woman Collection came out last week and when I went to look at the products in person, I was overall disappointed. Even though some of the products were extra huge (like the lipglasses and powders) they didn't WOW me and I just opted to get two of the lip products. I did get a mailer from Dillard's sent to my house, which was kind of cool because I rarely get mailers from them other than their holiday collection!



mailer opened up








Obviously, they went with the whole comic book theme, which was kind of cool. But I really didn't like how cheap the packaging of the mineral powders/blushes felt. They were EXTRA HUGE like bigger than the palm of my hand huge, but the cover felt like the plastic that kid's toys are made out of. They did supersize the lipglasses and MSFs, but they upped the price significantly, too!! The lipglasses are $20 and MSFs are $35 which is kind of what turned me off to buying more from this collection. I don't know if you fellow MAC addicts noticed, but MAC upped the price of their lipsticks permanently from $14.50 to $15.50. =( Even 4-palette eyeshadows which are normally $36 went up to $40!!! Higher end brand are pretty slick with their price increases - most people barely notice, but damn as a college student on a budget I notice! I saw the make up bags in person, too, and they didn't look that great quality to me for $30. They ARE cute though! I didn't see the brushes or the mirror but they were probably sold out by the time I went.




outer packaging


without the sleeves


I ended up getting the lipglass in Emancipation and the lipstick in Russian Red. I know, I know, Russian Red is a permanent color! But it was between that or Spitfire, and even though Spitfire is gorgeous I just couldn't see myself wearing it that much. Red is way more in your face than hot pink, but I've always wanted it and I really don't have too many reds in my collection. Plus I'm a sucker for the LE packaging! But check out how big the lipgloss is!



WW Lipglass next to WW Lipstick


WW Lipglass next to regular sized lipglass!


standing up


doefoot comparison


It's SO HUGE! Can you imagine whipping one of these out to touch up your lipgloss?! It looks like a toy!! lol There's 10g of lipgloss in this baby which is more than 2 times more than the regular size (4.8g)! So I guess the $6 increase is justified.. I guess.. I picked Emancipation over Athena's Kiss because I thought I'd get more use out of it and I really do like this color! It's pretty nude for me and the pigmentation is just enough that it doesn't look like I'm wearing too much. I couldn't get a good lip swatch of it though, my lighting just sucks!



Russian Red [see how weird my lighting is?]


Russian Red L/S & Emancipation L/G


Russian Red lip swatch


That's not a very good lip swatch either, but in person it looks AMAZING! I've never owned any of the matte lipsticks from MAC and it only amplifies the red! It's a total pin-up girl red and I wish I had more places to wear it out! Overall I'm pretty happy with my haul. I thought about getting the pink palette because the darkest color in that palette is SO pretty, but I decided against it. I probably won't get it but who knows. I'm so proud of myself for really cutting back on my MAC purchases! I'm gonna try to not buy anything MAC until Summer, but who knows - I'm going to Vegas this weekend so you know what that means - CCO!!! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment