Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Great Deep Conditioner for the SUMMER!

Lately I have been co-washing and DC'ing a lot!
My hair gets really dry in the summer months
and
in D.C. the past week it's been HOT, HUMID and
not good for my hair.

So today I whipped up a little concoction
to share with you all.
The ingredients are below, along with pics.

Ingredients:
*Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Mask
*Virgin Coconut Oil
*Jasmine's Butter Cream Rinse (or Oyin's Honey Hemp Condish)
*Vatika Oil
*1 Egg



1.  Melt down 2 tablespoon's of coconut oil and add a 4 drops of Vatika Oil






2. Add your Shea Moisture Deep Treatment and Cream Rinse 
to the melted oil and crack your egg into it as well.





(My 2 year old wanted to help me make the DC, LOL :-)



3. Mix WELL. The mixture should look like
cake batter.


4. Wash hair before applying the DC







5. Rinse shampoo out COMPLETELY!







6. Then apply the mixture to your entire head.
Once applied comb thru with a denman or wide tooth comb.
Then cover with shower cap for 15-30 mins









I still have the DC in my hair as I blog.
LOL
I will come back with an update before the night is over.
If you decide to try this, let me know what you think.
I plan on rinsing with cold water.
So we will see how that goes!

Be back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment