Sunday, June 20, 2010

Captured Curls: My friend Tanae!


Everyone-
I would like to introduce you to one of my
close friends...TANAE!
Read her story below:




Tell me about you:
 -Hey loves! I'm Tanae, I'm 20 years old, and a Maryland resident. I currently work two jobs, six days a week. I'm not in school but I plan on going to bartending or cosmetology school in the fall. I enjoy reading, singing, doing hair, drawing, and most of all, spending quality time with my loved ones. 

Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type: 
- My dad is half Black & half Native American so I naturally have thick, curly hair that doesn't require relaxers. Since my hair is long, full, and colored, I take extra care of it. My hair is auburn with spiced cognac highlights. Deep conditioners and trims are a must for me. I try my best to stay away from products with alcohol in them too.

Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long? 
- Well, I had a texturizer when I was 12 to knock the curls out a little but my hair rejected it & grew curlier so other than that, I've always been natural. I just had to sit back & research what I could do to make my hair more manageable without chemicals. 

Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural: 
-As mentioned before, I've always been all natural but l no one would ever know until they've heard me say it or until they've seen me wash it. The reactions I get are all positive everywhere from shocked & excited to inspired & hopeful. Gotta love that!

Tell me your hair care regimen:
- My curls are loose & frizzy so products with lots of conditioner are my friend. I've been using the DooGro Tingling Growth Shampoo, the Growth Repair Conditioner, and the DooGro Leave-In Growth Treatment for 8 months now and there awesome. I wash my hair twice a month but treat my dry scalp & hair color once a month by cracking a raw egg or two in my Organics Hair Mayonnaise, which I love dearly. As much as I love my curls, I prefer to wear it straight since its much easier to maintain through my busy work week. So, I straighten it one good time with my pink Nano Ceramic Flat Irons using Tea Tree Oil & Organics Tea Tree Strengthening Hair Polisher. I keep it wrapped every night to help my styles last longer.

What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils? 
-I love my hair because I can wear it curly or straight, without chemicals. I also love how I inspire others to go all natural. I can prove to others that hairstyles can be accomplished without relaxers, you just have to have hope & patience.




Come and get to know me at www.SincerelyTanae.blogspot.com AND view some of my work at www SincerelyTanae.wordpress.com. For questions, comments, or appointments, email me at tanaedot@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment