Monday, June 21, 2010

Captured Curls of the Week: Emelyne

Everyone-
 hope you had a great weekend!
I would like to introduce you to Emelyne...
A beautiful and talented Natural.
Read her story below-



Tell me about YOU:
 I am a 25-year-old Haitian woman who's married to the very best man one Earth :-D He loves all of my, including my big, kinky hair. I am a writer/actress/model and I am currently on set for an independent film called "Lines" and editing my novel teen fiction novel, "The Normals", for publication.
Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...):
 My hair care regimen is completely heat free and I try to make it as simple as possible. I wash my hair every 3-4 days (I really love a clean scalp, lol) and condition with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrion. Then I spray with Aubrey Organics Tangle-Go or apply some more conditioner as a leave. After that,  I section the hair into 4-6 sections (my hair is super thick) and apply Afrikan Republic golden shea butter and castor oil to detangle with a wide tooth comb and braid. I unbraid 1-2 later of a braid out. if I want to wear my hair out immediately, I apply the shea butter and Eco Styler Olive Oil gel and shingle my hair in sections. when i want to wear my hair in a bun, I saturate it with water, apply shea  butter and Eco Styler and brush upside down with my Denman brush for a sleek bun.

Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type: 
My texture is 4b/4a. My hair loves conditioner, castor oil, and shea butter. I use unrefined shea butter and castor, and I feel that the pure stuff is so much better and healthier for my hair. 

 Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural:
 When I first went natural up until this very day, most people love my hair. I get compliments evryday. The only negative responses I get are from other black women.

Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?:
I transistioned for 9 months and then cut off the relaxed hair.

 What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?:
They are so me! this hair is mine, not manufactured, created or bought. Each strand is unique and each day I learn more about it and fall even more in love.
Where can we find you on the web?: 
Examiner.com. I am the West Palm Beach natural beauty examiner.

 Anything EXTRA you want us to know?:
Love your hair, your skin, your body and yourself. You are who God made you. Embrace that!




No comments:

Post a Comment