Saturday, June 26, 2010

Captured Curls: Keeta Ray (Her Natural Hair Update)

Hello Beauties,
for those of you who don't know Keeta was the VERY first
natural featured on my blog!
She has BEAUTIFUL HAIR and she is really a BEAUTIFUL person;
inside and out.
So I decided to bring her back for a update!
You can read her first feature here.
Check out her update below:



1. Tell me about your hair nowadays.
My hair has gotten a lot bigger. I guess if I wore it straight, I'd say it's gotten longer ;) It's the healthiest it has been in years since I've been chemical free.

 3. Has your hair care regimen changed since your last feature?(do you use heat, natural products, ect...)
My regimen hasn't changed as much as the styles I do now have. I've been wearing mini-twists more often, or wearing my hair in a wash-and-go puff since it's gotten hot out. Or, a low bun (which I'm so excited about, btw. Lol) I only applied heat once in February 2010 to get my hair straightened. It lasted about 4-5 days.

 


4. What's been working best on your hair lately?
The products that have worked best for me are Kinky Kurly Knot Today without a shadow of a doubt! My absolute fave :) Still! I recently started using Kinky Kurly Curling Custard again for wash-and-gos and I love it now that I know to use a very small amount! I also love Eco Styler Gel & ic Olive Gel. And let's not forget pure shea butter!!



5. Tell me the reaction you get when you're out and about with your natural hair.
 I get a lot of questions about HOW I got my hair a certain way, and also many compliments. It's pretty cool :)

7. What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
 I love the versatility! I can do so many styles, it's ridiculous. Great for someone likes me who gets bored ;) And I love that I've allowed myself to accept myself the way I am and not feel the need to alter my natural look to be accepted.

6. How many inches have you gained since your last feature?
My hair grows at the average rate it seems. So in a year I get about 5-6 inches. I really haven't tracked my growth to be honest, because my biggest concern now is keeping my hair healthy. I get trims about 3 times a year and that's only b/c I have color on my ends (letting it grow out). I don't tend to get too many split ends, though - just those darn annoying knots! Lol

8. Where can we find you on the web?
You can find me online via: Twitter - www.twitter.com/1KeetaRay
      Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/tayah97/about/
      Blog: http://keetaray.blogspot.com

9. Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
Just to be patient with hair growth. if you focus on keeping your hair moisturized and healthy, and your ends protected, the growth will come. One day you'll look in the mirror and wonder where it all came from! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment