Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DIY:Whip it GOOD-Shea Butter

So today when I got home I remembered
that I had some Shea Moisture (my fave brand) Raw Shea Butter
sitting under my bathroom sink AND a new recipe that I found here.
It was REALLY hard and I couldn't use like I wanted to
so I decided it was time to WHIP IT UP!
The shea butter was infused with Frankincense and myrrh
but I decided to add Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Creme Brulee Moisturizer by Cali BeijaFlore's and Aloe Vera Gel.
It took all of 20 minutes to get the consitency that I wanted.
I made sure my hand mixer was on the highest setting
and then I started whipping. 
My result was AIRY AND FLUFFY, I was pleased.
Also, the Shea Butter TRIPLED in size once it was whipped.
The 4 oz jar I started with became 16 oz's of PURE fluffy goodness.
I made a jar for me and gave the rest to my mom and Nana.

Here are some pix:






















No comments:

Post a Comment