Thursday, June 17, 2010

Captured Curls of the Week: Patrice

Hello BEAUTIES!
I am pleased to introduce Patrice, she is a new natural rocking
a BEAUTIFUL TWA! 
Check out her story and pictures below:




Tell me about YOU:

My name is Patrice and I'm a naturalista! I've been natural since April 27, 2010. I am also a teacher and am in grad school obtaining my masters degree in Educational Administration. In my spare time when I'm not teaching or working on my degree, I enjoy researching hair and fashion sites. Through this transition I've been able to grow spiritually and learn mote about my natural beauty that God has given me:-)

 Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...):

My hair care regimen includes washing it with organix shampoo and conditioning my hair with organix shampoo. I absolutely love the coconut flavor. It smells good enough to eat yummy:-). I also use Aphogee leave in and plain ole' hair grease.

What is your texture and what works best on your hair type:
I have a mixture of hair textures I think. It's between 3b and 4. I think Cantu leave in conditioner works wonders. It defines curls(I have tight curls) and also it helps frizz.

What reaction did you got when first going natural:
I got good reactions when first doing my BC. Quite frankly, I am known to change my hair styles ALOT, so I don't think I shocked anyone.

 Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?
I did a BC, April 27th, 2010. I wore a short hairstyle already so it wasn't hard to cut it all off.

 What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
I love my kinks and curls because NO ONE else has what I have.  It was so exciting seeing old pics of my mom who also rocked a TWA, when she was my age.I read on a blog that being natural defines individuality. It takes a lot to stand out from the rest, especially when the media/ society features many black women with weaves and the like.
Where can we find you on the web?
Facebook, Natural Sunshine.ning.com

 Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
I am inspired by so many beautiful people who have joined this journey like me:-)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 



No comments:

Post a Comment