Friday, July 24, 2009

My Two-Strand Twists

Hey guys and gals! I just took some pics of a hairstyle I have been rocking for the past few days and thought I'd share. They are small two-strand twists that started off as 6 large twists. I did them on wet hair and went to bed. They were NOT dry the next day (I know better than this but I still thought they might be, IDK why) so I took them down then pinned the hair up in an updo. That evening, I two-strand twisted my whole head, re-wetting the roots and applying unrefined shea. I wore that pinned up the next day. Then (I know I know, this is getting rediculous) I took each twist down and separated it two or three times to make even smaller twists. And that is how it has been ever since. So the hair was slightly stretched from all that twist-up/take down action but not really. These pics are from after work today and they have shrunken a little. Yesterday, I wore them in a low side bun that was really cute (sorry no pics). Today I wore it down, then pulled it back as it got in my way.



Total products I used:
Water
Conditioner (left in hair)
Shea Butter (unrefined)/Coconut oil mix (which I made by mixing a tub of shea with a few tablespoons of coconut oil)
(Back View)

I'm thinking to keep them this weekend, wash, deep condition, maybe re-twist a few with Fantasia IC Aloe gel, then rod set them for curly twists. If it turns out ok I will try to post more pics.

What will your weekend do be ?

No comments:

Post a Comment