Friday, July 10, 2009

Fresh-Squeezed Fotki Juice: EbonyPrincessH


This is our first Fresh-Squeezed Fotki Juice post and I am so delighted. When you read about this lovely lady and you see her amazing hair your jaw will drop! I had to find out how she does all her great styles and I wanted to share them with you.

Her fotki moniker is EbonyPrincessH and her albums are the bomb! Read her interview and then go on over to be blown away even further :-D

1. How long have you been natural and what led to that decision?

My BC was November 6, 2006, which makes me about 2 years and 8 months natural. I decided to go natural because I had dandruff issues that did not clear no matter what I used. A very good friend of mine, who was locing, suggested that I go natural. I thought about it for some time and then the thought slipped my mind. After one last session of relaxing, which left my scalp extremely sore, I said enough was enough. I called my friend to tell her of my decision and she pointed me in the direction of Motown Girl and Nappturality. I read as much information as I could on transitioning and natural hair. I transitioned for three months and chopped down to about three inches of hair and I haven't looked back.

2. You do amazing styles! What inspires you to be so creative?

My inspiration comes from other naturals whether it be Fotki browsing or ladies I see in passing. I absolutely love the Nappturality.com thread, "How are you wearing your hair today?". So many creative ladies there and I'm constantly floored by their amazing poise and fierceness. My personal favorite style are updos. LOVE LOVE LOVVEEE THEM! For me, up dos add extra spice and deliciousness to my braids/twists.

3. Do you have a specific routine or product regimen you follow?

Hmmmm specific routine.. I do everything on an as needed basis. I find that it's important to listen to your hair. I find myself moisturizing every 2-3 days and washing my hair three times a week. For the past month I've been using Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner or Tresemme's Moisture Rich Contionder for detangling. Diluted Dr. Bronner's Peppermint and Lavender Castile soap for cleansing. Extra Virgin Coconut oil and Castor oil for moisturizing and sealing. I wear braids for 3-4 weeks and twists generally last 1-2 weeks. I detangle each time I take down braids or twists or when I go from an out style to braids or twists.


4. Do you have any specific hair goals or do you just let it flow?

My goal is to have 12 inches of hair all around. The front, which is the longest, is about 10 inches. The back and sides are between 7 and 9 inches. I don't have a specific date where I want to reach my goal, so in that sense I'm going with the flow.

5. Anything else you'd like to share with Naturally Leslie readers?

Be patient and fully enjoy your current length. I don't be in such a rush to grow astronomical lengths. Your hair WILL GROW, just give it some breathing room and listen then the length will come in due time. My final tidbit would be to do what works best for you, your hair and you budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment