Wednesday, July 8, 2009

40+ Naturals- Meet Mommie8!


I saw Mommie8, a beautiful 40 yo natural, on Fotki and wanted to share her story of going natural with all of you. Here's what she had to say:

1. When did you decide to go natural and what went into that decision?

I decided to go natural a year ago

2. Did you transition over time or do a big chop?

I did the Big Chop

3. What are some of your favorite products and styles?

My favorite products are coconut oil, shea butter, basically all natural products. I like puffs, twistouts, and mini afros are my favorite styles.

4. Describe your expectations and feelings before you made the leap to natural. How did you feel post-transition?

I was ready I could not wait to just grab my clippers & just chop off all that damaged hair.

5. What have been the reactions of family, friends, etc to the newly natural you?

I have gotten some positive reactions from friends and family to my surprise!

6. Describe what it was like to return to work after going natural.

It was fine, everyone loved the new look. I felt like people would not get it but I was mistaken.

7. Overall, what has been your greatest discovery about being natural?

That it's not that hard to care for natural hair & how much it loves coconut oil.

8. What advice would you give to another 40+ woman who is considering going natural?

Make sure you know why you're going natural & to do it for yourself not to make others happy. And to give your Natural hair a chance, just love your natural hair and it will love you back, Real Talk! :)

I hope this helps you and other women 40+ who are going natural or they may be thinking about going natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment