Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jordin Sparks Ready for Combat on Battlefield

I said it once and I'll say it again. I love Jordin! It's not her virginal image or striking good looks. I'm simply a sucker for a good pop hook and she delivers that. Her new album Battlefield drops the day before my birthday.

'Jordin Sparks has said she recorded 30 songs for the Battlefield album. She says that she contributed in the songwriting on 12 of them. No duets for the album have been confirmed, but Jordin Sparks has said in interviews she hopes to collaborate with Leona Lewis on a power ballad. Among the producers who are working on the project are Stargate, Max Martin, T-Pain, Ryan Tedder, and Dr. Luke.' ~Top 40

I am liking the cover art for the new disc and dare I say she might go back to rocking her natural curls?! The long, straight, blown-out look was nice on her but I began to feel like she had been made over into typical black pop tart by her people to sell more records. Who knows. All I can say is I like what I see so far and I hope there is more curl where those came from on the inside artwork.

The track listing for Battlefield (deluxe edition) includes 14 cuts and there is a DVD portion as well.

1. Walking On Snow
2. Battlefield
3. Don’t Let It Go To Your Head
4. S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)
5. It Takes More
6. Watch You Go
7. No Parade
8. Let It Rain
9. Emergency (911)
10. Was I The Only One
11. Faith
12. The Cure
13. Postcard (deluxe edition bonus track)
14. Papercut (deluxe edition bonus track)

DVD

1. Hangin’ With Jordin Sparks
2. Battlefield Behind The Scenes
3. Battlefield Photo Shoot
4. Battlefield (music video)

From listening to the preview below, Walking on Snow, Let It Rain, The Cure & S.O.S. are some of my faves. There are also some great new promo pics!

Battlefield
Preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment