Sunday, April 5, 2009

More from the 2009 World Natural Hair Health and Beauty Show

Hey guys and gals! I'm back in NC feeling refreshed! (even after a 6 hr drive from ATL!!) I got to spend some time with my oldest little brother and the hair show was pretty cool! It was amazing to see so much natural hair in one place! There were so many beautiful heads of locks, curls, coils and kinks in all different shades and shapes. Vendors were selling products and passing out fliers all over the place. In addition to hair stuff, there was a plethora of skin products, jewelry, clothing, shoes, and beautiful artwork. I literally had to tell myself to just walk away from some booths. We are in a recession and I had to remind myself of that from time to time!

It was really affirming to see natural beauty in its many forms. It felt so nice to look around the room and see all textures and There were stylists, models, musicians, singers and poets. I even saw some people I know from blogs or other online avenues like the beautiful Kinky Rhonnie, the one and only Curly Nikki (who was working her booth by the way!) and PRETTYDIMPLES01 from You Tube (ok so we don't "know" each other but I really like her vids, lol)! I loved the fact that there were men, women and children of all ages in attendance. There were even some straight-haired gals there too (which was cool!).
I am really glad I was able to go this year and I plan to return next year, hopefully for both days.


I tried to get as many pics as I could of the whole scene so here they are!


Miss Jessie's Team and Products (50% OFF!):



Stylists Stylin':



Jewelry, Artists, Musicians, Models and the Like:




...And Plenty of Stuff For Sale! (DVD's, Tees,Pillows, etc):

That's my yellow tee by the way!



Get a load of that Shea!!!!!


So...did any of you go? If so, what did you like the most about the hair show?

No comments:

Post a Comment