Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Decorative Hair Things....

When my hair was short, I unfortunately did not take advantage of all the wonderful clips, barrettes, and headbands that are out there to adorn my tresses. Even now, I usually never add anything to my styles. What at shame!!! There are countless adornments for hair,whether it be short or long, and I am thinking about ways to incorporate them into my look.

So, where can you get amazing hair pieces?

On of my favorite websites is Etsy.com which I am sure many of you have heard of. You can buy or sell just about anything and there is a lot of creativity going on over there!

If you go to the site and click on"hair" a whole host of accessories pop up. I am interested in headbands right now as a way to dress up a twist out or a low bun. Here is a peek into what Etsy has to offer:

This cool black and tan leather one for $25


(And this one combines two of my absolute favorite things...red hair and BUTTERFLIES!!!!)
$28


Etsy has some unique items, not the stuff you're gonna find in the mall down the street. They may not all be your cup of tea but they are pretty original and definitely worth a look. And you could literally spend HOURS pouring over all the cool items for sale there. The prices range from as little as $5 bucks to a couple hundred, just depending on what you want.

Bridal hair sites can also be great sources of information. On Brides.com, there are countless beautiful pics of hairdos with flowers, jewels, clips, and bands. So why let the brides have all the fun?!?!

How cute are these ladies!




And Khamit Kinks has come great inspirational style pics as well:


Finally, you can always just make your own! In these economic times, it is smart and probably cheaper to use materials you already have to fashion your very own clips and barrettes. I know I have seen some amazing looking "silk" flowers at my local beauty supply store in a variety of colors. Nothing like a bright fuchsia bloom to enhance naturally curly locks! And if you really want to DIY, all you need is a glue gun, some dollar store flowers (I've heard, never actually done my own but planning on it), and a bag of clips or bobby pins from Wal-Mart or a BSS.

Once again, one of my fave You Tubers, Curly Chronicles, has a cool tutorial on DIY flower clips. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment