Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Big 1-0-0!!!

I know I'm a little late with these but I had pictures saved everywhere!
Ok, so I posted a week and a half ago about my cousin Mabel Scruggs' 100th birthday celebration held in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Mrs. Mabel is a relative on my mom's dad's side. I met people I didn't even know only to find out we were second and third cousins. It was a very nice event including a banquet style plated lunch, a 16 peice orchestra, and an emotional film with pictures and video voiced by Mrs. Mabel herself. The luncheon was held by Zeta Phi Beta incorporated so you know the room was blue blue blue! Overall it was a lovely program and I am so glad I was able to attend. Here are a few of my favorite shots commemorating the event!

The Lovely Program:


Cute 'n Tasty Cupcakes:



The Cake Table (that's Mrs. Mabel in the photo):


This is me cheezin with a letter from President and First Lady Obama congratulating cousin Mabel on her 100 years!


Here is a shot of the letter upclose. If you enlarge it you can read what it says (although kida blurry).


Me, my handsome 'lil' brother, and our cousin, the one and only Mrs. Mabel Scruggs herself!

Cousin Mabel and Grandma (88 years old...phew this is a lot to live up to!!!):

No comments:

Post a Comment