Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hair Politics...Are you cool with your curls?


So a day or so ago I left a comment on a fellow blogger's post about henna. I have not henna'd before but I have thought about trying it based on what I hear about its ability to strengthen. I had been experiencing some breakage and wanted to try something that might thicken the strands a bit but I was not sure henna was the way to go for me just yet. I noticed, however, that a lot of people, in their fotkis and on other blogs, commented on Henna's loosening effect, that is, some people experience a looser curl after using the henna. We're not talking a whole texture change, but for some, a visible difference. I began to wonder if some naturals choose to use Henna specifically for that purpose and, if so, what that means in terms of self acceptance, etc, etc. Go here to The Natural Haven to read the post and leave your own comments about the issue.

Somewhat in the same vein of my earlier post on Hair Envy, my question aimed at Jc was meant to be a little controversial but also to stimulate conversation. My intention is never to offend but to always say what's on my mind and ask others to do the same. So, if you have come across this issue in blogs, fotkis, etc, go on over and leave your comment. Or you can leave one here if you'd prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment