Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Style Trial: Mini Twists



A few weeks back I felt inspired to twist my hair. But I wanted it to look and hang differently than when I do my twists on wet or dry un-stretched hair. So, I decided to blow dry my hair and do mini twists.

I washed and conditioned my hair, sectioned in about 8 sections, applied a leave in and some CocoShea mix, then blew it out all over until it was pretty strait (yet fluffy). Once it was dry, I began to twist very small sections. And I twisted and twisted and twisted. Until 3 hours later I had this:

I loved these twists and my fiance (tee hee that is fun to say!) adored it. He said it was one of his favorite ways I wear my hair. These twists lasted all week and were fun to wear up, down, pulled to the side and pinned up. Here, I braided he front down the side and wore the back in a low ponytail.

The only drawback for me is that I like to wash my hair once a week at least and the time and effort put into these did not seem worth the short shelf-life. So, if I do these again it will be for something special or because I really just want to wear them that way, but not a frequently recurring look. To maintain them, I just wore a satin bonnet at night. I did not add any other product to them before I washed my hair again.

No comments:

Post a Comment