Monday, May 3, 2010

Coming Soon...Amla Treatment


I was inspired this past weekend to revisit henna. I have only used it once and I did not really post anything about it. I bought it from a company online for about $7.99 per 100 grams, 200g total. I mixed with some tea and other things, applied it and left it on overnight, then washed the next day. I can't honestly say I noticed a huge difference but I only did it once. So....this weekend I took a stroll into a local Indian grocer to see what they had. I found many different interesting things including some Dulhan henna which I will be trying. It was much cheaper and I've read good things about it so I figure it will at least be worth a go.

While I was there, though, I also scored one box of Amla powder and some Vatika oil. I have heard both of these items mentioned on different natural hair boards and blogs but I never considered purchasing them. It just seemed like one more thing to get my inner pj going. But after reading the description on the back of the box, I was intrigued and figured it was worth a test run.
Here is some info about Amla:

Amla powder is made from the powdered dried fruit of the Indian Gooseberry tree. It is often used in tanning and dying wool and silk and in Indian medicine. Amla can be used on your hair to slow hair loss, increase thickness and slow graying. It also leaves hair soft, silky and shiny. As a facial, it can tighten and tone the skin and balance redness. Amla is a wonderful exfoliant as it has natural astringent properties which help to remove dead skin cells without the chemicals of commercial products.

In addition the box I bough boasts this:
  • romotes hair growth
  • Controls hair fall
  • Cures scalp infection
  • Controls premature graying of hair
So this is good for skin and hair. I plan to make a mix of this stuff sometime in the next week and try it for both. I will probably mix with some of the Vatika oil for moisture/shine (in the hair mix only) and see what happens.

So, once I complete my trial I will post pics and the results.

Have any of you guys or gals experimented with Indian powders? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment