Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sugar Sweet Haul

I know I REALLY need to stop hauling considering how much make up I'm collecting! I can't put myself on a no-buy because I know I would never do it! But I'm seriously goin to cut down. I think I'll limit myself to one thing a collection until I go home this summer! There's not very many good things coming out soon anyway besides Dazzle Glasses!!! But anyway here's my haul from Sugar Sweet! I B2M for the 2 eyeshadows and had a $25 gift card from my birthday earlier this month so the only thing I actually paid for in this haul was the MSF, nail polish, & SS! go me! lol I also copped the Viva Glam VI SE L/S but it goes to AIDS research so it's all good! lol


in the boxes - always the first pic


open wide!
CLOCKWISE: Aquavert E/S, Dear Cupcake E/S, Peppermint Patti N/P, Refined MSF, Red Velvet S/S, Viva Glam VI SE L/S, Lollipop Loving L/S, Bubbles L/S


swatches!
L to R: Refined MSF, Bubbles L/S, Lollipop Loving L/S, Viva Glam VI SE L/S, Red Velvet S/S, Aquavert E/S, Dear Cupcake E/S


Bubbles L/S


Lollipop Loving L/S


Lollipop Loving w/ Spice L/L


Viva Glam VI SE L/S

You know I'm a complete sucker for packaging so I was totally in love with the Shadesticks!! I wanted to get them all just because of it! My self control is getting better though because I only got Red Velvet shade stick. The others looked really similar to each other - light yellowy goldish colors - and I already have a ton of paint pots so I passed on them. I got Red Velvet because it's insanely pigmented! If I didn't know I would have thought it was an eyeshadow from my swatches! Plus I don't have a base color like it so I def had to have it.

It was kind of funny because when I was checking out the collection - I see the same MUAs at my freestanding store I love them! They're so helpful! - and one of my fave guy MUA was helping me out. Club was missing from the E/S and this is what happened

ME: "OMG! Is this sold out already?!"
MUA: "Oh, no someones using it. Don't worry, it's Club you have that already."
ME: "Oh. Yeah I do. haha!"
MUA: "You have this one too!" points at Stars N Rockets

It's funny how much he knows about my collection! He's my fave I think he always keeps me updated on the latest collections too and they ALWAYS ask me if I want to hold stuff before it comes out LOL! He thought I had Lollipop Loving but I don't. =[ I missed out on that from Heatherette I only got the E/S palette & beauty powder - don't ask me why lol. But I'm stoked that I get a chance to try it again! I was on Specktra and a bunch of people say the new Lollipop Loving is different from the Heatherette, but I wouldn't know. Some people were bothered by the greenish undertones in it, but I think it's kind of cool! I don't have a lipstick like it! At first I didn't like it on me but with a lip liner it looks wayy better. You can't really tell in my swatch though! lol

I really wanted to like Saint Germaine from this collection! It's such a gorgeous bright pink, but it just doesn't work on my skin tone. I'm too dark for it! The MUA told me that its permanent internationally (in Europe, etc) and they're just bringing it out now. If I had no self control I would totally buy it just because it's pretty! lol

Bubbles was one of the unexpected buys. I was not eyeing this one out at all, but when I checked it out at my counter the day it came out, one of the MUA showed me how it can tone down a really bright lipstick. Swatching it by itself it's not bad either if you don't pile on the color it gives this really pretty shine. But here's the reason I bought it:


Gladiola L/S from Dame Edna


Gladiola L/S with Bubbles L/S over

Ta-da!! IDK if my pictures do it any justice (sorry I'm taking pictures at night here lol) but Gladiola looks really harsh on me in person! I thought I'd never get any use out of it. But after I put Bubbles over it, it turns into this pretty creamy, shiny pink color that I think I would actually wear out! lol So yay for Bubbles! I am in LOVE with Viva Glam VI SE! I'm kind of sad it's LE its such a pretty color. I LOVE Lustre lipsticks they're my fave finish it just looks so juicy on! lol This is actually my first Viva Glam (I know I'm behind! But whatever) and I'm kind of sad that I don't have more.

Overall, I thought this collection was NOT friendly for women of color (i.e. darker skinned women) which was really sad to me since the promo picture was a WOC. The first time I swatched everything - especially the MSFs - I was like OMG! What the hell! Everything was too light for me - the lipsticks and MSFs! But they actually ended up working. I told my MUA at the freestanding store how sad I was that the MSFs were too light on me, but he said no it's not! He told me how perfect Refined was for me, but I didn't believe him until he put it on me! It's freaaaking gorgeous! If you look at my last FOTD really close (my camera sucks) you can see the faintest glow on my cheeks! I LOOOVE it!! It sucks that MAC jacked up the price of the MSFs, but I think I'll be getting the most use out of this one!

Anyway I think I droned on long enough! Did you guys get anything from Sugar Sweet?


EDIT -------------------
Almost forgot! I won the Coach discount card from JRose a week ago? I never win anything! LOL I just wanted to share what I got! I wouldn't have splurged so much if it wasn't a late bday present to me LOL I really wanted this one, but the one in the store was the LAST one and I couldn't stand thinking about all the people who touched it and tried it on (LOL I know I'm so OCD) so I had them order it and ship it to me! It literally shipped over night because I ordered it on Sunday night, got shipped out Monday and I got it the next day! (It came from Phoenix LOL) But I was sooo happy! I love it cause it's pink inside! haha


pretty packaging!


happy burfday to meeee LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment