Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Do...


Hey guys! So I have been really bored with my hair lately. I told myself I would leave my hands out of it, wear it up for a while, but I'm already sick of that! With me being so busy with school, I need something where I am not always messing with it during the week. I have been thinking about getting twist extensions so my hair can just be without me having to worry about it every weekend, at least for a while. I figure I might get some nice growth out of it too. So today when I did my hair I decided to style it a little differently. It's still in two-strand twists but I blew it out first. I have not used that kind of heat on my hair in 2 years! I was a little nervous but I did small sections at a time on medium heat ( I wasn't trying to straighten, just stretch a little) and I think everything is ok.

Here is what I did:

1. Washed with Giovanni 50/50 shampoo
2. Conditioned/detangled with Aussie Moist conditioner
3. Twisted into big sections
3. Rinsed out the conditioner, applied Pantene R&N mask to twists
4. Put on shower cap then bonnet and went to sleep
5. This a.m. I sat under my hooded dryer for 30 min. Rinsed the mask with cool water. Poured ACV/water mix over twists (I left this in)
6. Moisturized each section with a Shea butter/oil whip I made
7. Blow dried hair in small sections and twisted

I took some pictures so you all could see what I ended up with. I am pretty pleased for now! Oh.. and don't mind the dates on some of them, my mom's date counter thingy needs to be reset!

So here is a shot from November 2007 just to show length comparison. This was a coil-out and I probably had 3-5 inches of hair.

And this is now when I have conditioner in my hair (for detangling) and when my hair is wet after washing:


And this is a random braidout with the front pinned back but it's recent:

This is what my two-stranders usually look like if I use shea butter or some other moisturizer:


And here is me today with my blown-out stretched two-strand twists!!!! I really like it. I have no idea what it will look like when I take it down so I will try to get pics of that to post as well in a few days.


I hate that I like it because I don't want to start using heat again. Maybe I will do this every once in a while to see growth progression and have a change. I am still contemplating getting some kind of braids/twists so I can spend less time on hair and more time on school work (only 4 months to go, whoo hoo!) We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment