Monday, March 9, 2009

I Neeeeeed a Hair BREAK!!!!


This is how I feel :(

Hey guys! I am on spring break from UNC (yeah!!!) but I still have to go to my internship site three days a week. The past few weeks I have been feeling torn about my hair. As happy as I am about the growth I've seen in the last two years, I seem to get noticeably anxious about it as the weekends approach. This semester has been crazy hectic with presentations, papers, hundreds of pages of reading, etc. So the idea of spending a few hours each weekend on my hair (not to mention the physical labor of detangling and twisting all this stuff) makes me panic since I have plenty I could (read SHOULD) be doing instead. Sometimes I put my hair off until Sunday afternoon then it doesn't dry before I hit the sack. If I add a workout on Saturday at 9am on top of that then my whole Saturday is shot until that evening (sorry I'm whining I just want to paint a picture of what has lead me to my latest hair decision). Sooooo....I have decided to give myself (and my hair) a much needed break until school ends. My good friend has been going to a lady in Greensboro to get her hair twisted and it looks so cute! They are not kinky twists but they are called Afro twists. Here is the closest picture I could find to what they look like:
Sorry the words are covering her face. By the way, is she not gorgeous?!?!!!!

Anyhoo... I love these because they are funky and look more natural to me than kinky twists. My friend's hair always looks great so I have decided to take the plunge and go for it. My appointment is Wednesday so I will try to post some pics when I get back. Like I said, my friend has had them more than once and she said her edges are always fine when she takes them out. Hopefully, this will eliminate one thing from my plate so I can focus on school work and exercising on the weekends ! Have any of you lovely ladies had these before? If so, what do you think? Is there anything you think I should ask the stylist while I'm there?

No comments:

Post a Comment