Friday, March 27, 2009

Celebrating a Centenarian!


This weekend I am traveling to Nashville, TN (which is where I was born!) to visit a second cousin of mine. We will be celebrating her 100th birthday! Yes I said 100! It's pretty amazing. She is of sound body and mind and will be surrounded by friends and family from all over the southeast. The next best part about getting to see her is taking my 88 year old grandmother. When I stop and think about all they have seen in their lives I am overwhelmed. The world has changed dramatically and so many things have happened that they probably thought they would never see like a Black president! It looks like they are not alone since so many people are living longer these days.

I thought this was interesting:


I hope to get some great pics so I will post when we return. Have a great weekend ya'll and take some time to celebrate life! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment