Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Royal Jelly...A Trial

I hate to say it folks but pure Shea butter breaks out my face! I have given it a few weeks to make sure it was really the culprit of the tiny bumps and whiteheads I have noticed popping up on my left cheek and forehead. I never get pimples except for every few months around that special time. :D I'm sad about it because I really like the idea of using one single product for my face and it's cheap considering such a small amount goes a long way. So....I have discontinued the use of Shea butter on my face and have decided to try a different approach.

I have used Burt's Bees products before and one day while in CVS I saw an end cap with a few of their cosmetic items. I was looking specifically for a night cream and decided to give the Radiance Night Cream with Royal Jelly a try. I have used it for a few nights now and I have to say, it's not like anything I have ever used before. The scent is light and the cream is more of a thick, opalescent fluid. It's slick between the fingers but massages into my skin nicely. When I wake up my face looks dewy but not greasy. And so far so good with the bumps! The ones I had a going away and I have not seen any new ones pop up.

A Burt's Bees description:
While you sleep, nourishing Royal Jelly naturally replenishes your delicate facial skin with essential amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and key minerals. Almond oil deeply moisturizes while rosemary and pine tree extracts stimulate skin for an invigorating overnight treatment.

Also:

Royal jelly, a not-yet-household name product in the United States, is widely used in Europe where it is known for its ability to enhance skin texture and smoothness, and for its contributions to longevity. In a German medical report, Royal Jelly in Dermatological Cosmetics, Hans Weitgasser, M.D., writes that royal jelly, added to face masks, creams, and lotions, softens the skin, causing fine lines and wrinkles to disappear. "Through local application, as an ingredient in face masks, creams, and lotions, royal jelly has tremendous effects at the cellular level. In regular use, the skin becomes soft and wrinkles disappear. When royal jelly is used topically as a salve on skin damaged by the effects of radium treatment (radiation), the skin heals rapidly and symptoms disappear.
From: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_n5_v59/ai_19357253

Apparently, royal jelly has been used for centuries with many great benefits. Here are some cool sites to check out regarding this wonder substance.

Pure Royal Jelly
Royal jelly: uncovering a nutritional treasuretrove
What's All the Buzz ABout Royal Jelly?
Diet and Health

No comments:

Post a Comment