Monday, March 23, 2009

Essence on Wedding Hair

Essence online has posted some pics of wedding hair styles. Oddly enough (and I say oddly only because I usually don't see this much on Essence.com) many of the styles are done on curly, natural hair. I know many natural ladies who were used to wearing their hair straight for special occasions are now stumped as to what to do for a more formal look. There are so many options, it just takes a bit of creativity and patience, and you have to be willing to shift your thinking in terms of what is deemed beautiful, sexy, formal, sophisticated, etc. The pic above just looks like some kind of rod set or maybe a twist out. Easy!


This one reminds me of an awesome updo tutorial from the amazing curlychronicles ( I love her vids!!!) on You Tube.


And this one is cute too.

Of course, this model has a looser texture but the style could be replicated with a curly fro or a Curly Nikki Twist-N-Curl-inspired 'do. Either way, I think one thing these pics have in common are the cute accessories. There's nothing like a great sparkly headband or a cute flower to set off a look. Natural hair is so beautiful in its own right, a simple clip or blossom is all you need.

So, what do you ladies do to jazz it up for a special occasion? I'm always looking for new styling ideas and who better to ask than you!

No comments:

Post a Comment